Stage 5 of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge is coming to Breckenridge this Friday. The day will be filled with fun activities for the whole family. For more information on the events taking place on Thursday and Friday click here.
There will be significant traffic impacts on Friday due to the bike race. Below is all of the important road closure information from the Town on Breckenridge you will need to make your day easier if you are visiting Breckenridge this Friday.
On Friday, August 24, 2012, be where you want to be by 9:00 a.m.!
Thursday, August 23, 2012
5:00 p.m.- South Main Street will be closed from Lincoln Avenue/Ski Hill Road to Adams Avenue for event set up
Friday, August 24, 2012
Existing closure from the day before- South Main Street closed from Lincoln Avenue/Ski Hill Road to Adams Avenue
4:00 a.m.- South Main Street will be closed from Adams Avenue to South Park Avenue. This means that in combination with the previous night’s closure South Main Street will be closed from Lincoln Avenue/Ski Hill Road to South Park Avenue.
9:30 a.m.- North Main Street will be closed from Lincoln Avenue/Ski Hill Road to North French Street. This means that in combination with the previous closures Main Street will now be closed from North French Street to South Park Avenue. Traffic coming into town from Frisco will be diverted onto North French Street or onto North Park Avenue.
10:00 a.m. - Highway 9 from Park County going north over Hoosier towards Breckenridge will closed. Local traffic on Highway 9 in the Blue River area going north and south bound will be permitted until approximately 10:30am.
- Park Avenue from North French Street to South Main Street will be closed. Any streets which connect onto Park Avenue such as Village Road, 4 O’clock Road, Ski Hill Road, Mountain Thunder Drive and Woods Drive will also be closed at that time.
- City Market area businesses will be accessible from North Park Avenue and North French Street until about approximately 10 minutes before the race. City Market will remain accessible from intersection of Airport Road and North Park Avenue throughout the race.
- Traffic coming into town from Frisco will be diverted onto North French Street only.
10:45 a.m. - All southbound traffic on Highway 9 into Blue River will be stopped at Boreas Pass Road.
10:50 a.m. - Race starts at Main Street/Washington Avenue going southbound. Race will take 2 ½ loops through town which will take about 9 minutes.
11:00-11:05 a.m. - Roads begin to open throughout Breckenridge including North Main and Park Avenue. Highway 9 southbound will reopen and traffic will be allowed to follow the last State Patrol car following the bike race.
Approximately 11:30 a.m. - Highway 9 northbound from the top of Hoosier Pass will reopen.
6:00 p.m. South Main Street from Lincoln Avenue/Ski Hill Road to South Park Avenue will reopen.
More Good Stuff to Know:
- Most of the race day activity will be concentrated around the start at Washington Avenue and South Main Street, the Blue River Plaza, the Riverwalk Center Lawn and the Riverwalk Center (Tiger Dredge Lot).
- Please note that this is a pet free event- cats (and dogs) and bikes just don’t mix!!!
- There will be lots of great events happening before and after the start- a free Maceo Parker concert, a sponsor village, a beer garden, race viewing on a big screen and much more. Please go to www.BreckProCycling.com to find out more.
For Traffic information on all the stages of the race visit http://cotrip.org/content/usapcc/index.html