It’s gotta be 5 o’clock somewhere, right? Well, in Breckenridge, happy hours typically start at 3 o’clock! Even better. And, most of them run seven days a week, so you technically don’t need to wait until Friday either. Win-win! With the sun shining until well past 8 o’clock throughout the summer, there’s no better place to be, than on one of Breckenridge’s restaurant decks to soak it all in.
If you aren’t familiar with the bars and restaurants that have nice patios in Breckenridge, there’s no need to waste precious vacation time by roaming around the streets looking for one. We’ve done the busy work for you. Here are the Best of Breckenridge’s top 10 picks for best patios:
1. Kenosha Steakhouse - Since their sign out front says, “Best Deck in Breck” it must be true. Every day from 3-6 p.m. wines, wells and drafts are $1 off, PBRs are $2 and appetizers range from $2.50 to $5. Check out their spring specials while you’re there. They are currently offering 12 oz pints for $2 which includes most of the 30 craft brews that they have on tap. Sidebar- Get there early to hold your place for a game of horseshoes!
2. Mother Loaded Tavern- Camp out on the back patio and enjoy $2 off wines and cocktails, $1 off beers and shots and $5 appetizers everyday from 3-6 p.m. Play a game of cornhole in the alley while you’re at it! From chicken and waffles to grilled PB&J packed with homemade potato chips, MLT certainly offers the best comfort food in town.
3. Relish –Mix and match drinks and appetizers on their 2 for $10 menu. Choose from house wines, sangria, margaritas and martinis or their mouth-watering starters, soups and salads. Beers and well drinks range from $2-$3. Located on the second floor, the patio offers striking views of the ski resort and also overlooks the Riverwalk Center.
4. Hearthstone Restaurant- From 4-6 p.m., grab a table on one of the west-facing decks of the 120 year old Victorian home and watch the sun set over the mountains. Enjoy a taste of their menu with $5 small plates as well as $3.50 Colorado microbrews, $2.50 domestics, $6 cocktails and martinis and $5 wines.
5. Burke and Riley’s Irish Pub- Located in La Cima Mall, on the south end of Breckenridge, you’ll find a rather large rooftop deck with one of the best views of the mountains in town. Sunday through Thursday all drinks are half-off. On Fridays and Saturdays, Coors and Coors light drafts are $2, select shots are $3 and car bombs are $5.
6. The Whale’s Tail- Swab one of two decks here! From 3-6 p.m. daily, you can’t find a better deal than ten cent peel and eat shrimp and fifty cent chicken wings! Wash it down with a $2 domestic bottle, $2 well or $3 house wine. You might have seen the Whale’s Tale featured in an episode of last season’s Deadliest Catch. Check it out here.
7. Quandary Grille –Soak in the sun on their huge deck that overlooks Peak 9, Peak 10 and the Maggie Pond. Play a game of cornhole while you snack on ½ price appetizers and enjoy $3 wells, drafts and house wine.
8. Fatty’s Pizzeria – Head over to Ridge Street and take your pick of the upstairs deck or downstairs patio to enjoy the views. Happy hour is 7 days a week from 4-6 p.m., with $2 domestic bottles and drafts, $3 micro drafts and $3.50 wells.
9. The Dredge – This 2 million pound replica of Breckenridge’s largest and longest operating dredge sits above the remains of an actual dredge that sank many years ago. Happy hour runs a bit later here and is from 4-6:30 p.m. Appetizers are half off and drink specials vary from day to day with prices ranging from $2-$4. Oh, just across the pond, Mi Casa has a couple nice decks too. Take your pick!
10. Did we not list your favorite patio? Let us know where your favorite patio or deck in Breckenridge is to enjoy happy hour or après ski! Comment below this blog or visit https://www.facebook.com/best.breckenridge and leave your top pick under our Facebook Happy Hour post to be entered to win free Breckenridge swag!
We can’t write about the best patios to have happy hour at without mentioning the nearby marinas. While they aren’t in Breckenridge, they are definitely worth the trip to enjoy the views.
Island Grill at Frisco Bay Marina- Escape to the islands and enjoy a pina colada and some popcorn shrimp while feeling the breeze on the second floor, open-air deck that overlooks Lake Dillon. Happy hour is from 4-6 p.m. with live music on Fridays.
Pug Ryan’s Tiki Bar at Dillon Marina - It might seem like quite the hike from Breckenridge, but it is definitely worth it. You can take a fun water taxi ride from the Frisco Marina for $10. The last boat back is at 5 o’clock, so keep that in mind. Voted by Sunset Magazine as the 5th best deck in the western U.S., you’ll understand why it’s always busy. From 3-6 p.m., enjoy $2.50 pints and wells, $3 margaritas, $1 off wines and 25% off appetizers.
Would you like a FREE trip to Breckenridge? Enter to win here! Prize includes 4 nights lodging at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, airfare for two and $400 spending money!
Golfing in Breckenridge and Summit County